Conscious of the importance of research on climate change in understanding its impact and anticipating the consequences, the BNP Paribas Foundation Switzerland has decided, as of this year, to provide its support through a new axis of environmental patronage.
It’s in light of this that in April this year, a partnership was formed with the Swiss Polar Institute, an interdisciplinary and academic facility based at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL) and dedicated to the study of the Poles and extreme environments. This initiative is entirely in keeping with the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy launched by the Groups Foundation in 2010.
Within this context, the BNP Paribas Foundation Switzerland is organising a climate conference, at its premises, on Tuesday 11th October 2016 from 11 am to 12.30 pm, hosted by Philippe Gillet (Vice-President of EPFL) and Igor Joly (Executive Director of the BNP Paribas Foundation Switzerland).
On the agenda:
- the international scientific expedition to Antarctica, organised by the Swiss Polar Institute, which brings together some fifty researchers working on 22 research projects;
- the two research projects specifically sponsored by the Foundation, that concern the dynamics governing the worldwide water cycle and the current evolutions of the Southern Ocean;
- environmental patronage activities developed by the BNP Paribas Group.
The conference will be followed by the inauguration of the “360° Climate” exhibition, to be presented to employees inside the bank. This is a mobile version developed for the COP21 which was installed at the City of Science and Industry in Paris, and based around four major themes:
- acknowledgement of climate change;
- causes of global warming;
- climatologist forecasts;
- measures for alleviation and adaptation.
HEAD OF BRAND & COMMUNICATION
+41 58 212 81 10
+41 58 212 97 62
BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA
With nearly 1,500 employees and a presence in Geneva, Zurich, Basel and Lugano, BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA is a leading European bank in Switzerland for corporates, institutions and private clients. Active in Switzerland since 1872, we strive for long term development with a clear strategy for each business line:
- To be the preferred partner of Corporates and Institutions, supporting them in their development both in Europe and beyond with our “One Bank for Corporates” initiative.
- To be a leader in Wealth Management in terms of expertise and service for private clients and entrepreneurs.
- To be a reference for commodity finance thanks to our “Specialized Trade Solutions” dedicated to historical clients who share our values and to Group’s Corporate clients in Europe.
The BNP Paribas Group integrated model enables us to offer our clients the financial stability of a leading bank in Europe with international reach and its wide range of products and investment.
By developing long-term close working relationships with our clients, we aspire to contribute to sustainable, responsible growth.