The BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation was created in 2002 to mark 130 years of BNP Paribas in Switzerland. While the Group has been involved in philanthropic activities through the BNP Paribas Foundation in Paris for nearly 40 years, the Swiss Foundation has pioneered such programmes internationally as the first foundation outside of France.
The BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation is committed to supporting its partners over the long term, with the aim of promoting dialogue between the bank and society, creating links with communities in Switzerland and helping to address major social, cultural and environmental issues at a local level.
Over the past 20 years, the Foundation has supported some twenty cultural institutions, public bodies, universities and associations in more than 250 projects with a tangible impact on local communities. Here are a few key examples:
- Guidance to help hundreds of children discover reading and the world of comics with the BD Zoom Awards, as well as the challenges of healthy and sustainable food with the Swiss Food Academy.
- Thousands of visitors to Photo Elysée inspired by innovative projects in the digital mediation of culture.
- A springboard for nearly 60 young artists, with projects such as the New Heads Awards, the Troupe des Jeunes Solistes en Résidence of the Grand Théâtre de Genève and the contemporary dance troupe The Field.
- So far more than 340 intergenerational living arrangements organised through the “1h per m2” programme to combat social isolation among seniors.
- Restoration of about fifteen major works with various partners (the Fondation Beyeler in Basel, the Kunsthaus Zürich and the Geneva Museum of Art and History).
- One of the largest wheelchair tennis tournaments, the Swiss Open Geneva.
- Around thirty young scientists helped to travel to the polar region for climate change research projects thanks to the Polar Access Fund.
- Dozens of young refugees given support in their social and professional integration with Yojoa, and people isolated from the labour market trained in today and tomorrow’s professions with the Opportunity programme.
The Foundation could not be more proud of all these initiatives, carried out with conviction and trust in its partners to improve the lives of communities in Switzerland. Discover the Foundation’s current partners and their project in these 3 videos.