Discover with BNP Paribas & partners the Journey of your Treasury!
BNP Paribas in Switzerland launches the Swiss Treasury Innovation Observatory to discuss Treasury's hot topics. If you handle a treasury center or work for a Swiss exporting company, you ...
12 April 2017
BNP Paribas in Switzerland launches the Swiss Treasury Innovation Observatory to discuss Treasury’s hot topics.
If you handle a treasury center or work for a Swiss exporting company, you perfectly know that Switzerland has a long reputation for stability, both politically and financially. Its relations with the EU and the rest of the world are key factors to develop and maintain its advantageous position in the financial industry.
Today, the corporate treasurers of multinational corporations in Switzerland want to know more about the key trends affecting the financial industry. In this context, The Swiss Treasury Innovation Observatory is a forum organized around corporate treasurers of large Swiss organization, financial consultants and bankers where the recent developments in the treasury industry are discussed.
This forum offers a pragmatic vision of treasury best practices, latest developments and trends and is a roadmap for corporate treasurers wanting to make their own journey in this rapidly changing landscape.
The first Treasury Innovation Observatory session successfully took place on the 6th April, in Zurich at the Risch showroom.
The panelists were composed by:
- Jean-Francois Denis, Deputy Global head of Cash Management, BNP Paribas
- Cornelia Hesse, Deputy Chairman of the European Association of Corporate Treasurer
- Neil Peacock, Global head of Cash Management, ABB
- Christian Mnich Senior consultant, SAP
- Michiel Mannaerts, Senior representative Pwc
In an innovative place, the panelists tackled three board issues:
- Continued innovation: What blockchain, fintechs and big data mean for the corporate treasurer? What action should be taken?
- Anytime, anywhere treasury: With 24/7 commerce, do treasurers need instant or real time payments?
- Cybercrime and fraud: With the fast pace of digitization and financial innovation, this is a threat that will increase. What should treasurers do to protect themselves?
The second Swiss Treasury Innovation Observatory session is planned on the 15th June 2017.
BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA sponsored the Swiss Treasury Observatory. BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA has been present in Switzerland since 1872 and employs over 1500 people. The bank provides wealth management services, as well as a range of services to its corporate clients, including: treasury, cash management, payment and collection services, investment and trade services, electronic banking, buyer and supplier financing, risk management and corporate finance. BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA is a direct participant in the Swiss Interbank Clearing (SIC) system. It is one of the largest foreign clearer of CHF in Switzerland. BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA also provides access to TARGET2, the SWIFT network and EBA for cross-border euro clearing. For more details, please visit our web page