Team Leader KYC WM
- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- 1 B000591
The open position is for a Team Leader of a small team within the Compliance Team – KYC based in Zürich.
The team leader will report to Head of KYC for Wealth Management based in Geneva.
The mission is focused on the Wealth Management business of the Bank and consists in ensuring compliance with external regulations and internal policies while actively managing operational, regulatory and reputational risks. Markets to be covered are diverse but with a specific focus on German speaking countries, particularly the Swiss German part of Switzerland.
Description of the assignment
The main activities consist in:
- Ensuring the steering of processing at Compliance level of onboarding and recertification files, for the allocated portfolio.
- Checking, upon requests from the business, and prior to starting the compliance onboarding process, the eligibility of the client to the Bank’s policies and the relevant onboarding process applicable.
- Contributing to the onboarding and recertification KYC process, i.e.
- Ensuring the critical analysis of the Know your Customer (KYC)/Due Diligence documentation prepared by the 1st line of defence (1LOD) that includes review of the profile of the stakeholders (account holder, beneficial owner, etc.), tax compliance, origin of wealth, sanctions risks, corruption risk, cross border risk, transactional activity, adverse information
- Performing 4 eye controls on such analysis performed by another Compliance Officer
- Checking that the relevant conditions to help mitigate the risks have been defined, when applicable.
- Representing Compliance in Client Acceptance Committees
- Managing a small team of Compliance Officers
- Contributing to local staff training and informing first line of defence staff about compliance matters
- Contributing to local and Group reportings
- Contributing to Compliance procedure roll out and updating
- Participating to Compliance projects launched by the Group and locally
- Identifying, investigating and escalating serious cases of non-compliance to the Compliance Management in a timely manner
Why join us ?
BNP Paribas in Switzerland is a bank of reference active in Geneva, Zurich and Lugano. It is a major European partner for companies, as well as institutional and private clients. Joining BNP Paribas will give you the opportunity to take part in an authentic company project, in which innovation and career management act as driving forces to help talents emerge, express themselves fully and open up to career opportunities on an international level, by integrating a group that stands as a leader within the Eurozone. Please visit us at BNP Paribas Suisse.
In a changing world, diversity, equity and inclusion are key values for the well-being and the good performance of teams. At BNP Paribas, we wish to welcome and retain all talents, without any distinction: together we will build the finance of tomorrow, innovative, responsible and sustainable.
Finally, we insist on the particular importance of having our employees act daily in a spirit of ethical and professional responsibility.
NB: all terminologies apply in both the feminine and the masculine.
- Financial Markets and Financial Products regulation (proficient)
- Tax Evasion Prevention (Proficient)
- Banking Law (Proficient)
- Regulatory BankingOrganisation (Proficient)
- Legal Knowledge (Proficient)
- Financial Security (Proficient)
- Ability to deliver/result driven
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
- Ability to conduct a negociation
- Ability to inspire others & generate people’s commitment
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- English (fluent)
- Germany (proficient)
- French (basic, proficient would be a plus)