- Employment contract
- Graduate Programme
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 1 B000648
Local Graduate Trainee Program in Corporate Coverage (18 months)
This position will be based in Zurich on a fixed-term contract basis
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the Eurozone and a key international banking group. It has a presence in 68 countries and more than 193,000 employees, including more than 147,000 in Europe.
The Group BNP Paribas holds key market positions in its three operating divisions: Retail Banking, Investment & Protection Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) offering tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader in capital markets, financing, risk management and hedging. BNP Paribas is a leader in Sustainable financing solutions (World’s Best Bank for Sustainable Finance 2022 by IFR). Within CIB, Corporate Coverage Switzerland is responsible for advising corporate clients and delivering an array of the firm’s services across strategically targeted client groups in various business sectors.
Established in Switzerland in 1872, BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA is a leading European Bank for Corporate and Institutional clients and Wealth Management clients. It has over 1,000 employees and offices in Zurich, Geneva and Lugano.
Description of the assignment
The teams of Corporate Coverage Switzerland are in charge of managing both global relationships with Swiss headquartered business groups (Pilot clients) and Swiss subsidiaries of international clients (MNC clients), across the spectrum of solutions offered by the BNP Paribas group and in line with the group’s guidelines in terms of Environment, Social & Governance (“ESG”), compliance and credit risk.
As a Graduate Trainee in the team, you will develop a general knowledge of (i) the investment banking, corporate banking and other non-banking solutions offered by the BNP Paribas group, (ii) the set of policies and procedures designed to manage the risks the bank is exposed to when conducting business; and you will contribute to the team’s commercial activity. You will be part of the team and become responsible for various tasks to contribute to meeting the team objectives.
On the commercial side, you will support the Bankers in their daily activities and in the preparation of and follow up of the Strategic Business Review, and you will contribute to the development of client relationships.
During the program, we offer you
- A unique opportunity to take on responsibility in our Corporate Coverage teams with a rotation between the two teams – Pilots and MNCs; and
- The opportunity to improve your technical knowledge as well as your soft skills and to work with a wide community of international professionals.
The key duties and responsibilities include:
- Relationship Management:
- Assist Relationship Managers in the day-to-day management of a client portfolio
- Onboarding of new clients and maintenance of KYC etc. for existing clients
- Handling the international network relationships
- Coordination of Business Lines / Products globally
- Assist in the preparation of client action plans with Relationship Managers and Business Lines
- Collaborate with all Business Lines present in and outside of Switzerland (Transaction Banking – Cash Management and Trade Finance, Global Markets, Export Finance, Factoring, Arval, etc.)
- Ensure prompt and accurate maintenance of BNP Paribas client monitoring tool (call reports, status of opportunities, pipeline management)
- Contribute to ad-hoc data reliability checks and regular risk reviews
- Contribute to projects to improve organization and process efficiency
- Credit Analysis:
- Assist Corporate Coverage teams with credit proposals and credit committee preparation and follow-up
- Support the management of credit topics in the network across locations
- University Degree in Banking/Economics/Finance or equivalent
- A strong interest in Corporate Banking
- Preferably with a first banking experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in German and English (our primary working language), French is an advantage
- Self-motivation combined with a strong team spirit
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and international environment
- Behavioural skills:
- Ability to collaborate/ teamwork
- Ability to deliver / results driven
- Client focus
- Communication skills – oral & written
- Critical thinking
- Organizational skills
- Transversal skills:
- Ability to manage a project
- Analytical Ability
- Business skills:
- Financial Markets
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint programs, tech savvy profile is a plus
Why join us ?
BNP Paribas in Switzerland is a bank of reference active in Geneva, Zurich and Lugano. It is a major European partner for companies, as well as institutional and private clients. Joining BNP Paribas will give you the opportunity to take part in an authentic company project, in which innovation and career management act as driving forces to help talents emerge, express themselves fully and open up to career opportunities on an international level, by integrating a group that stands as a leader within the Eurozone. Please visit us at BNP Paribas Suisse.
In a changing world, diversity, equity and inclusion are key values for the well-being and the good performance of teams. At BNP Paribas, we wish to welcome and retain all talents, without any distinction: together we will build the finance of tomorrow, innovative, responsible and sustainable.
Finally, we insist on the particular importance of having our employees act daily in a spirit of ethical and professional responsibility.
NB: all terminologies apply in both the feminine and the masculine.