- Employment contract
- Fixed Term
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 1 B000562
Description of the assignment
You are interested to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment on a trading floor of an Investment Bank? Are you a motivated and proactive self-starter and problem-solver who is willing to always go the extra mile? Are you client-focused and enjoy to interact with people on a daily basis?
We are looking for someone like you to join us as a Graduate Trainee within our Global Markets (GM) Division for our Zurich Office. You will get the chance to deepen your knowledge not only with respect to the specific business line but to Investment Banking in general and gain experience and seniority to be able to participate to the commercial objectives of the relevant business line. Furthermore, as an integral part of the team you will be responsible for various tasks and contribute to the team’s objectives and success. Upon the successful completion of your Internship until the end of August 2023, you will be eligible to participate in the Global Markets Graduate Trainee Program and to continue your journey as a Graduate Trainee within your primary team.
Your main tasks & duties consist but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Senior Marketers in their day-to-day activities as well as responsibilities and support them in any aspect of their mandate whatsoever
- Taking ownership for client requests by triaging and prioritizing them and organizing their resolution in coordination with Senior Marketers, Structuring, Trading and other stakeholders
- Pricing and marketing Structured Products across all Asset Classes
- Executing and trading of Structured Products based on client’s orders in primary as well as secondary markets
- Taking responsibility for the full After-Sales follow-up for all primary transactions in coordination with Senior Marketers, Trading, Structuring as well as BO/MO
- Participating in product initiatives and offerings by preparing and developing marketing materials, emails, term sheets, etc.
- Maintaining and further developing databases & tools to support Marketers, preparing and analyzing statistics and handling other designated projects for the desk
You will work within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB) and our Global Markets (GM) Division for our Portfolio Solutions – Structured Products & Derivatives Team and will be located on the trading floor in our Zurich Office. The team’s mandate covers a wide range of products across all asset classes and markets them to a variety of clients including EAMs, Banks and other Financial Intermediaries for the German speaking part of Switzerland. You will get the chance to work with and alongside experienced professionals and learn about the Structured Products Business of an International Investment Bank.
You have completed or are about to soon complete your Bachelor or Master university degree with a strong focus on Banking, Finance and/or Economics.
- Recently graduated from or about to complete the last semester at University in Banking/Economics/Finance
- A very strong interest in the area of Finance, Capital Markets and generally in Banking
- Preferably previous work experience (internship, etc.) within this or in a closely related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in German (understanding Swiss-German) and English (our primary working language), French is an advantage
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, programming skills (VBA, etc.) are an advantage
Furthermore, we’d like to see evidence that you are:
- A results-driven and self-motivated person combined with a strong team spirit
- Excelling at analyzing and solving problems with an hands-on attitude and able to manage projects independently and successfully
- Taking a client-centric approach to your work and enjoy interacting with people
- Able to set priorities, be flexible and proactive as well as well organized
- Ability to collaborate/ Teamwork
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Ability to share / pass on knowledge
- Client focus
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Communication skills – oral & written
- Organizational skills
- Active listening
- Organizational skills
- Analytical Ability
- Financial Markets
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
We are moreover convinced that Equity and Diversity definitively foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in preventing from any kind of discrimination and need our employees to handle this responsibility as their own duty