- Employment contract
- Fixed Term
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 1 B000341
Description of the assignment
As a Graduate Trainee, you will deepen your knowledge regarding the Wealth Management business line you are working in and BNP Paribas (Suisse) S in general to gain experience and seniority to be able to participate to the bank’s commercial objectives and successes. You will be part of a team and become more and more responsible for various tasks that contribute to the team’s achievements.
During the programme, we offer you:
- The possibility to progressively take on various responsibilities, with direct impact on clients’ satisfaction and the bank’s revenues.
- The opportunity to get deep insight in Wealth Management, advisory services to private clients, a very diversified set of financial products and related tasks.
- To support various highly experienced investment professionals focused on advising private clients.
The key duties and responsibilities include:
Support to Investment Managers (IM) & Investment Advisors (IA)
- Control and facilitate all types of investment operations for IM (especially, bot not only, those located in Zurich) & IA (located in Geneva);
- Update of various (sometimes complex) customised reports for sophisticated advisory clients;
- Self-employed care (by telephone and e-mail) of active customers and execution of orders in all asset classes;
- Prepare investment recommendations and proposals for IM / IA based on IM / IA request;
- Active participation in portfolio reviews and preparation of customer visits / calls;
- Supervise maturing bonds and structured products and offer reinvestment proposals.
- More generally speaking, act as a problem solver on all topics that might enhance an advisory client’s satisfaction, following a request from an IM or IA.
Support to Head of Investment Managers
- Support the Head of IM (located in Geneva) in all his requests. Those requests might take the form of data analysis, creation of presentation for high-level committees, processing of client advisory on-boarding forms, etc.
IM are located in Geneva, Lugano and Zurich and advise clients with a generally moderate investment / trading activity. IA are located in Geneva and focus on advising clients with a usually very frequent investment / trading activity.
The Graduate Trainee in International Markets Offering will mostly work with IM (mostly those located in Zurich) and the IM’s manager. However, depending on staffing within the IA team, he / she might spend a significant portion of his / her time supporting IA for short periods.
Required skills and experience:
- University Degree in Banking/Economics/Finance or equivalent.
- A strong interest in the area of Wealth Management and Markets in general.
- Preferably with a first banking experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in German and English (our primary working language). Good understanding of French and / or Russian is an advantage.
- Proactivity, enthusiasm, self-motivation to learn, combined with a strong team spirit
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and international environment.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint programs.
- Ability to collaborate/ Teamwork
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Adaptability – capacity to rapidly change one’s focus when needed and to multi-tasks, without impact on productivity or quality
- Client focus – capacity to under the clients’ point of views and act accordingly
- Attention to detail / rigor – especially important when controlling reports for sophisticated clients and passing orders for investment securities
- Communication skills – oral & written
- Organizational skills – capacity to determine priorities (under supervision of his / her manager)
- Active listening – capacity to understand rapidly sometimes complex new concepts
- Resilience – capacity to work under pressure and through variable schedules
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to manage a project
- Financial Markets