Graduate Trainee in Institutional Credit Sales
- Graduate Programme
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Graduate Trainee in Institutional Credit Sales (24 months)
This position will be based in Zurich on a fixed-term contract basis for a duration of 24 months.
As a Graduate Trainee, you will deepen your knowledge regarding the business line you are working in and the bank in general. You will gain experience and seniority to be able to participate to the commercial objectives of the relevant business line. You will be part of the team and become responsible for various tasks to contribute to the team’s objectives.
As a Graduate Trainee within Credit Sales you will assist the team in the daily business with Swiss Clients, where you will be confronted with primary and secondary credit trading in various currencies. You will gain experience on the various product segments ranging from Investment Grade, High Yield and Emerging Markets Cash Bonds to Credit Default Swaps and Options. You will be in contact with Syndicate Desks as well as Secondary Trading Desks in all regions (Zurich, London, New York, HK and Singapore).
Start date of the program will be latest 26/08/2024 to join the onboarding and training weeks in our London Branch from 27/08 – 13/09/2024.
The Institutional Credit Sales Team sits within the Global Markets area of the BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) business. We are a diverse and dynamic team composed of 3 people and are active in a challenging and diverse market segment. Our clients range from Insurance Companies and Fund Managers to Pension Funds and External Banks. In our activity we are supported by a large inhouse network and a strong platform. With our dedication, we want to ensure a competent and high quality service to our clients and contribute to the overall strategy of the bank.
YOUR WORK DAY
- Prepare daily Bid/Offer bond axe lists in various formats (Excel and Blomberg Run)
- Maintain client data bases
- Arrange and send trade confirmations to clients
- Enter and update new issue orders from clients
- Assist the team with answering client inquiries on Bloomberg chats
- Assist in solving settlement issues by liaising with Backoffice and Middleoffice in Zurich, Lisbon and Paris
- Help coordinating client events and roadshows with events team
- Support the sales team in the preparation of trade ideas for clients
- Trading Desks, Syndicates and Sales Teams in all regions
- Other Swiss Business Units like Structured Products and Forex
- Backoffice / Middle office Lisbon, Paris and Zurich
- Limited client contact (assistance to sales)
- Recently graduated from University in Banking/Economics/Finance
- Strong interest in the area of Finance, Capital Markets and Syndicate
- Previous work experience (internship) across asset classes including equities, fixed income, credit, commodities as well as alternative investments and/or consulting preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, fluency in German (understanding Swiss-German) and English (our primary working language). French is an advantage
- Self-motivation combined with a strong team spirit
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and international environment
- Teamplayer, able to collaborate
- Solution driven, able to deliver results
- Client focused
- Good communication skills both oral & written
- Critical thinker
- Active listener
- Efficient with good organizational skills
- Project Management
- Analytical thinking
- Financial Markets
- IT knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Why join us ?
BNP Paribas in Switzerland is a bank of reference active in Geneva, Zurich and Lugano. It is a major European partner for companies, as well as institutional and private clients. Joining BNP Paribas will give you the opportunity to take part in an authentic company project, in which innovation and career management act as driving forces to help talents emerge, express themselves fully and open up to career opportunities on an international level, by integrating a group that stands as a leader within the Eurozone. Please visit us at BNP Paribas Suisse.
In a changing world, diversity, equity and inclusion are key values for the well-being and the good performance of teams. At BNP Paribas, we wish to welcome and retain all talents, without any distinction: together we will build the finance of tomorrow, innovative, responsible and sustainable.
Finally, we insist on the particular importance of having our employees act daily in a spirit of ethical and professional responsibility.
NB: all terminologies apply in both the feminine and the masculine.