To preserve heritage and encourage young artists
The BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation has been committed for almost 15 years now to participating in programmes for the restoration and preservation of major works from artists and also supports several programmes of cultural mediation promoting access to works and to the various trades of restoration to the general public. Today, in addition to the preservation of works of art, an important part of the Foundation’s activities is the support, encouragement and appreciation of young artists and emerging talents.
“New Heads – BNP Paribas Foundation Art Awards”
The BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation and the HEAD (Haute Ecole d’Art et de Design of Geneva) created, in 2012, the “New Heads – BNP Paribas Foundation Art Awards”. Thanks to this initiative, every year 2 young artists entering their professional career are awarded a grant of CHF 12,000 each, as well as the opportunity to show their works at the artgenève exhibition.
Troupe of young soloists in residence at the Grand Theatre of Geneva
Since 2002, the Foundation has an ongoing commitment to the Grand Theatre of Geneva as the main founding partner of the Troupe of young soloists in residence. It provides the latter with a unique platform to begin their professional career by working alongside conductors, directors and experienced singers.
Restoration of works from the Beyeler Foundation
Since 2011, the BNP Paribas Swiss Foundation has supported restoration and preservation projects of masterpieces from the Beyeler Collection, such as paintings from Fernand Léger, Jean Arp or Henri Rousseau.
A new project for three restorations over a three year period was launched in 2015 for the works Femme – Pablo Picasso (1907), Joseph Beuys – Andy Warhol (1980) and Nymphéas – Claude Monet (1916-1919).
Musée d’art et d’histoire de Genève
Realised restaurations :
- La Tentation de Saint Antoine, by Jan Wellens de Cock
- Portrait de la Princesse Palatine, by Hyacinthe Rigaud (2006)
- Le repos de Diane, by Rubens et Snijders (2009)
- Cinq oeuvres, by Bram van Welde (2010-2011)
- La mise au tombeau de Véronèse et médiations auprès des écoles et malvoyants (2011)
- Sabina Poppae (2013-2014)
Realised restaurations with Kunsthaus Zurich :
- Orphée et Eurydice aux enfers, by Mattia Preti, (2005)
- La porte de l’Enfer, by Auguste Rodin (2007)
- Pétales et jardin de la nymphe Ancolie, by Max Ernst (2008)
- Le maître des œillets zurichois, by Hans Leu l’Ancien (2009)
- Restoration project of the seven sculptures in the collection (6 bronzes, 1 Terrakota) (2011-2012)